The last week something has just changed, the cold chill in the air isn’t quite there. I went for my usual ride around centennial park this morning and there was the sweet smell of summer coming in the air.
Maybe it was these trees with their beautiful Red blossom that filled the air with sweetness. Whatever it was it was the unmistakeable smell of life getting ready to enjoy the sun again.
17 Photos I snapped at Chris’s bucks weekend in Melbourne. These are in a bit of a random order.
Doing team supercar spin proud ! 1st place.
The usual suspects before a Saturday night in Melbourne.
This at lunch was roasted pumpkin with creme fresh, seeds and fennel. It was delicious, we all gave it 10 out of 10. Restaurant name ‘The Commoners’
The front dish here was called fish and chip, its was fish in a white sauce sandwiched between 2 crunchy crisps.
Me 10th fastest of the month, pretty happy with that.
No this is not a table decoration its a cocktail!
Thank you to the best man John for planning such a well organised fun weekend.
Finally here is a quick video from the go-karting from Leon
We’re in Melbourne for Chris’s bucks weekend. This is a collective list we’re all making.
1. The wide roads means the trams will kill you
2. Melbourne guys & girls wearing 80’s clothes thinking their hip
3. Its always raining and windy
4. MELBOURN HIPPIES
5. The airport isn’t even in Melbourne, its a 30 minute drive
6. No sights to see
7. No beaches with sand (local Trent disagreed, says we got Bells beach)
8. Massive ferris wheel that doesn’t work.
9. Pots of beer mean you have to buy twice as many drinks
10. Melbourneites think they invented coffee
11. You cant buy any sunblock cause there’s no need for it.
12. Their Luna park is so un-fun they’ve shut it down 3 times
13. To turn right you have to be in the left lane (go figure)
14. You have to carry a jacket, an umbrella and a pair of sunglasses with you every day just in case.
15. Its that trendy they’re still playing “Mrs Mills Jubilee party” album on a Friday night.
16. All the bar tenders have moustaches.
17. They still get around the city by horse & carriage
18. The taxi drivers don’t know anywhere.
19. There favourite sport (cross country ballet) awards you a point when you miss the target, and its played on a round pitch with two ends, sensible!
Looks like we couldn’t quite get to 20 in the end.
Today is Sydney’s 2013 city 2 surf run, this year a massive 90,000 running from the Sydney CBD to the famous Bondi beach. If every runner has 2 people waiting for them at the end (which is likely), that’s 270,000 flocking to Bondi beach!
I didn’t run this year but jumped on the bike with Brendon to meet Sanna who did run, at the 14km finish line.
Beer, massages and food were provided at the end. Lovely warm sun was provided by Sydney.
Ah we had some fun on that Supercar Spin business trip to Melbourne
Are you getting bored of these views yet?
Another great view from my office of Sydney. This one is looking East from one of the meeting rooms.